The SEVT sets its goals beyond winning races. The team is dedicated to community outreach, especially to K-12 students. Each year, members of the SEVT give presentations and shop tours to elementary, middle, and high school students. We aim to inspire these students to pursue careers in science and engineering. You can arrange a shop tour through our visit request form.
The SEVT also participates in community events to promote alternative energy, clean transportation, and engineering education. By displaying Valkyrie and talking about solar car racing, we hope to encourage discussion about sustainability and technology.
We’ll be bringing Valkyrie to a number of upcoming events as discussed on our blog, so come by and see us!
- February 2nd, 2015 MIT xFair
- February 27th, 2015 MIT Energy Conference
- March 28th, 2015 Wellesley STEM Expo
- April 25th, 2015 Cambridge Science Festival
In addition to school visits, some of the memorable and recent events we have participated in include:
- 2014 MIT Energy Night
- 2014 MIT Mini Maker Faire
- 2013 MIT Energy Conference Showcase
- 2010 MIT Energy Initiative Student Showcase
- 2009 MIT Earth Day Fair
- 2009 South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade