The SEVT sets its goals beyond winning races. The team is dedicated to community outreach, especially to K-12 students. Each year, members of the SEVT give presentations and shop tours to elementary, middle, and high school students. We aim to inspire these students to pursue careers in science and engineering. You can arrange a shop tour through our visit form.
The SEVT also participates in community events to promote alternative energy, clean transportation, and engineering education. By displaying Eleanor and talking about solar car racing, we hope to encourage discussion about sustainability and technology.
In addition to school visits, we recently participated in events including:
- 2012 MIT Energy Conference Showcase
- 2010 MIT Energy Initiative Student Showcase
- 2009 MIT Earth Day Fair
- 2009 South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
We recently displayed our solar car during events at:
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Detroit Museum of Science
- Detroit Children’s Museum
- The Tech Museum of San Jose